Sunday, April 26, 2009

Along the highway and onto the bridge I went. Amid speeding cars, drunken hitch hikers, and very strong winds. I risked life and limb to bring you this rare glimpse of water! Ok...I might...just maybe...only slightly...be a bit on the dramatic side here. These are pictures of Western Refinery in the background. Don's place of employment. Maybe one day I might remember to go up on that there hill and take some photos of the rest of it. It is a very big place. It looks rather industrial, but I guess it's supposed to!

I learned the other day that Western is the only place here that takes oil and turns it into gasoline. I was complaining all along that the gas prices were so high here and it wasn't fair because this is where the gas is made. Well, I stand corrected!
All the other places here are pumping up natural gas.
Who knew!

No comments: