Monday, April 13, 2009

We the cake makers!

The kids and I have been into this cake baking show lately and decided to try our hands at a fondant covered, two tiered cake. This fondant thing looks pretty, but it sure is difficult. It isn't even a one day thing!
We decided it didn't turn out too bad considering this was our first attempt. It was even the first time I had ever tried to decorate a cake!

Since grandma's birthday was on Easter we incorporated both events into the cake. After we were all done with the cake Kristina kindly pointed out that I decorated the cake upside down!!!

2 comments:

Howard and Ang said...

WOW! you put susie homemaker to shame! That was a great looking cake!

Ammon and Tara said...

Holy cow. I am very impressed with your cake making skills. With fondant and everything! Wow. So, no I did not get a hair cut, I just did my hair! haha. That's why it looked different. :) I know what I'm having now. hehe. I will call you tonight.