Friday, June 6, 2008

ARM and a LEG

Driving down to New Mexico to visit Don's dad, step mom, brother, his wife, and their ADORABLE 10 month old son I kept track of gas prices.
A few years ago on some driving trip somewhere, (I can't remember where we were) we saw a dummy's arm and leg sticking out from behind a gas stations price board. It was very funny, but I think that it might be more appropriate for today's prices!
From Weiser, Idaho to Bloomfield, New Mexico it was 912 miles and it took us around 10 hours to drive! I have now been awake for 35 hours straight! My eyes burn and I am exhausted, but glad to be here.
$3.98 Weiser, Idaho
$3.96 Boise, Idaho
$4.25 Eden, Idaho
$4.09 Greenriver, Utah
$4.15 Moab, Utah
$4.17 Monticello, Colorado
$3.87 Cortez, New Mexico
$3.93 Shiprock, New Mexico
$3.91 Farmington, New Mexico
$3.91 Bloomfield, New Mexico
This is for unleaded gas. My brother in law said that diesel cost him $4.69 a gallon today!!! I am sure that there are much higher prices, but I couldn't believe that we actually paid over $4.00 for a gallon of gas! I will keep track on the way home and report back.
If anyone is out and about I would love to hear from you.

No comments: